A minimum of $500 will be awarded for the following academic year.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- Sophomore or junior standing in any major.
- Must have taken one course out of ASIA/HISTORY 270, 370, or ASIA/PHIL 314, or the equivalent.
- Research project must focus on India, but can be in any field: social sciences, arts, humanities, science, education, business, agriculture, engineering, architecture, etc.
- Application: submit a two-page project description, a letter of support from the faculty director for your project, and a copy of your transcript to the Asia Program director in Wilson-Short Hall 339, or to the staff in Wilson-Short Hall 301. If applying by mail, send to: Asia Program, Washington State University, P.O. Box 644030, Pullman, WA 99164-4030.
- Questions? Call 509-335-4622, or email email@example.com.
Note: Funding for this research scholarship has been generously endowed by the Indian American Education Foundation.
- 2015: Braydon Gemar
- 2006: Samantha Swenson, Natalie Smith
- 2005: Rita Pearce
- 2004: Krista Hakeman, Kathleen Clayton
- 2003: Natasha Jaksich
- 2002: Erika Kroll